Friday 18 November 2011

Election Campaign at North Nazimabad

Posted by Zaid Khan on 07:37


By Ibad Khan | V E

Every educational institute has its specific student body responsible for maintaining discipline in the school. We recently had an election campaign in North Nazimabad Primary V, Karachi, to select the students who are suitable to become part of the student council.

We were extremely excited about the nominations and I still remember the day when my teacher came in the class to declare the names of the nominated candidates. The candidates were nominated according to certain criteria, which included academic performance, participation in extracurricular activities, general behaviour and overall hygiene.

The names of the nominated students were announced in the assembly and we were all called upon the stage which was very encouraging. The campaign took off in full swing as the candidates created beautiful posters, colourful sashes and catchy head bands with their names on them, urging students to vote for them.

Everyone worked hard to convince students to vote for them and there were long speeches and a lot of promises. As the speeches continued, the school ground was filled with loud noises as students cheered for their preferred candidate. The atmosphere was full of energy and everyone including the teachers enjoyed it.

Then the day finally came!

Polling boxes were kept in the assembly ground and the nominees were hopeful that they would get more votes than their opponents. Still, all of them had only one question in mind; how many votes will I get; will I win?

The voters also felt very important as it was their votes that would help determine who will become the next Head boy or Prefect. The voting was finally completed done and the names of the winners were announced. I was so happy to see my name in the list of winners.

We will soon have an oath-taking ceremony where we will pledge to perform our duties responsibly to help make our school the best. My experience on this small platform inspired me a lot to lead my life in an upright manner when I grow up and face the world confidently. I think every student has learned something valuable which gives me great pride that my school is not only educating me, it is helping me and all the Beaconites to become better citizens and better leaders for a better tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • If you were given a choice to study in any one of these institutions, which one would you prefer the most?

  • Powered By Blogger